The National Newspaper Publishers Association Fund introduced a new program entitled “BUSINESS IN-SIGHT,” a webinar series providing NNPA publishers insight into digital publishing technology and opportunities to expand readership and increase revenue. Launched in June 2020, the program’s goals include:
- Sharing knowledge, skills, and resources with NNPA members to improve the Black Press of America
- Establishing connections with industry leaders seeking their expertise while building a stronger relationship with NNPA members,
- Gaining a clear assessment of the state of the NNPA while promoting the Black Press as the trusted source of Black America and
- Positioning NNPA members as credible spokespersons on important local and national public policy issues.
BUSINESS IN-SIGHT, the brainchild of NNPA Fund Vice Chair Sonceria “Sonny” Messiah Jiles and NNPA Fund Secretary Denise Rolark Barnes, is intended to “provide tools and resources to reinforce the influence and impact of the Black Press,” stated Messiah Jiles. “The Black Press has historically been a reliable information source for Black America. With the transformation to new digital platforms, the program seeks to ensure the mission and message of the Black Press is consistent – to serve their readers and remain an effective voice for Black Americans.”
Previous program topics are:
- Understanding the World of Grants with Tracie Powell, Program Officer for the Racial Equity in Journalism (REJ) Fund at Borealis Philanthropy;
- Branded Content with Julia Campbell, LMA-LMC Branded Content Expert and Peter Lamb, Lamb Consulting Sales Strategist;
- Promotions with Matt Coen and Tenille Hunter from Second Street;
- Social Media with Emilie Lutostanski, Director of Local New Resources Center of the Local Media Association;
- Instagram with Rebecca Rosenblat, Liat Kornowski from Facebook; and
- Planning for 2021 with Michael Grant, founder of Get Current Studio, AFRO American News Publisher Frances “Toni” Draper, Atlanta Voice General Manager James Washington, Dallas Weekly Publisher Patrick Washington and Seattle Medium Publisher Chris B. Bennett.
The bi-monthly program occurs on Thursdays @ 2 pm EST | 1 pm CST and 11 am PST.